Widgets & Gadgets 'R Us (WGRUS) Learning Platform that enables students to Work with EIP
This project is helping students to Work with the famous “Widgets & Gadgets 'R Us” (WGRUS) example published by Hohpe et al (http://www.eaipatterns.com/)
The purpose of the project is threefold:
The WGRUS platform includes:
- The purpose of this project is to provide a platform for students to be able to solve the integrations problems of WGRUS.
- The purpose of this project is to provide an assignments catalog to help students and teachers to plan the students work into manageable chunks, using Mule as the integration platform.
- The purpose of this project is to provide a solution to the WGRUS problems using Mule.
- A Call center (Call Center interface)
- A Web shop
- An Accounting system
- The Supplier Gadget corporation
- The Supplier Widget corporation
The WGRUS platform is coded in C#, and is depended on .net 4.5
The WGRUS platform uses the Apache ActiveMQ.The assignment catalog:
Solutions notes and Mule flows:
- Contains XSLT assignments (translating data formats - f.x. orders)
- Contains Adapter assignments (File pickup and direct database access)
- Contains Endpoint assignments (in the Web Shop system)
- Contains ... - most of the patterns used in the Hope et al suggested solution.
Suggestion of use:
- Contains design notes for the assignment catalog
- Contains Mule implementations of the assignments
- College level teaching in System integration (the project is spawn off from my teaching in System integration at the "Bachelor of Software Development" program).
- Self learning system integration.
- Commercial training Mule courses for professionals.