Is ActiveMQ used in this platform?

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Hi All,

I tried to use this platform to do some demo. However, I found all components are independent with each other. Not sure if ActiveMQ is used in the platform.

Moreover, I don't know how to use the website to register a customer since customer ID cannot be found in dropdown list.

For me, it seems like the communication part in this platform is not finished, do I miss something?

Thank you

Ben
Mar 28, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Hi Ben
Thank you for your interest. You are right about your assumption that the system is not in a finished state. It is being developed and debugged as the teaching this semester progresses.

I need to get a user manual done for the different systems! Anyway the idea with the Web interface is that customers needs to be created in the accounting system since they need at credit to be able to place orders.

However since the integration between the Web front and the Accounting system is non existent at this moment, customers needs to be managed by Sql Management Studio for the time being.

In the course I am teaching we have started with the Call center. Customer update integration was started last week, and is scheduled to be finished next week. Then order management integration will be started.

If you are interested in participating in the project - you are more than welcome.

Best regards,
Kaj Bromose
Mar 28, 2014 at 3:26 PM
The Accounting, Gadget and Widget systems are all using ActiveMQ

The Accounting system sends customer changes to the queue ACCOUNTING_CUSTOMER_UPDATE_QUEUE

Widget and Gadget uses ActiveMQ to do request - response communication for Inventory requests.

The queues in the system are defined in the "Common" project in the "Constants" class:
    public const string QUEUE_URI = "tcp://localhost:61616";

public const string ACCOUNTING_CUSTOMER_UPDATE_QUEUE = "queue://ACCOUNTING.CUSTOMER";

public const string WIDGET_INVENTORY_REQUEST_QUEUE = "queue://WIDGET.INVENTORY.REQUEST";
    public const string WIDGET_INVENTORY_RESPONSE_QUEUE = "queue://WIDGET.INVENTORY.RESPONSE";
    public const string WIDGET_CATALOG_QUEUE = "queue://WIDGET.CATALOG";

public const string GADGET_INVENTORY_REQUEST_QUEUE = "queue://GADGET.INVENTORY.REQUEST";
    public const string GADGET_INVENTORY_RESPONSE_QUEUE = "queue://GADGET.INVENTORY.RESPONSE";
    public const string GADGET_CATALOG_QUEUE = "queue://GADGET.CATALOG";
Hope I got your question right this time ;-)

Best regards,
Kaj Bromose